Villa Trabia was built by Michele Gravina prince of Comitini in the mid-1700s, based on a project by the state architect Abbot Nicolò Palma. The Villa was then purchased by Prince Pietro Lanza di Trabia who, in 1890, ordered its restoration which profoundly changed the original appearance of the building. The current neoclassical structure of the villa shows pilasters, lintels and ornaments in white stucco on a dark gray background, worked in imitation of rocaille-style plaster. Stucco decorations, two allegorical statues on the side of the facade and vases on the attic represent the few traces of Baroque on the outside. The main entrance on the ground floor leads to a large room with a vault resting on pillars which acts as a hallway and allows access to the garden, which once enveloped the villa in a cloud of greenery.
The decorations and frescoes of the internal rooms were executed by Elia Interguglielmi between 1796 and 1797.
At the center of the fountain in front of the main entrance, the statue of Abundance by Marabitti: the sculptor wanted to depict a beautiful figure of a seductive and full of sweet sentimentality, with eyes turned towards the infinite, filled with flowers and fruit, almost in the act of offering even itself.
The villa is privately owned.