Villa Galletti Inguaggiato
It is one of the best preserved eighteenth-century villas in the city of Bagheria. Built around 1770 by the Marquis of Santa Marina, Giovanni Pietro Galletti, it is the work of the architect Andrea Giganti. Made of tuff and with a rectangular plan, the palace is set against a C-shaped body which forms the rear courtyard, which was then interrupted in its transformation in the Louis XIV style. The palace is a typical example of the fusion between neoclassical austerity and baroque decorativeness.
Made of tuff without plaster coating, it shows a decoration characterized by festoons and vases typical of the eighteenth century, two of which are placed in two niches on the sides of the entrance door.
Rectangular in shape, with two floors, it is set against a C-shaped body which forms the rear courtyard, which was then interrupted in its transformation in the Louis XIV style. On the facade and on the sides, carved reliefs reproduce military elements such as helmets, shields and spears.
The internal staircase has two flights, which meet on the landing of the main floor. The decoration of the large central hall and the other rooms, which are also richly frescoed, is sumptuous.